Ping G30 LS Tec Driver
The Ping G30 LS Tec Driver is Ping's new driver for those golfers with high swing speed and high spin. Ping as added multiple adjustments to the new G30 LS Tec Driver.
The most pronounced of the changes is moving the weight on the sole closer to the face and lower on the driver. This causes the RPM's of the ball to drop by about 400 and provides more consistency and control for golfers with a higher swing speed. Ping has also changed the face by making it slightly rough. They have found that this also has an effect of the spin, as well as launch angle. When you combine these 2 factors you receive a lower, more piercing ball flight that is appealing to those with higher swing speeds that need less help with launching the ball.
To generate faster clubhead speed and ball velocity for longer drives, turbulators were engineered onto the crown of the 460cc head. Proven in wind-tunnel testing to reduce aerodynamic drag and create efficient airflow, the added speed from Turbulator Technology provides measurable distance gains for all skill levels. At address, they create a captured appearance with the ball and assist with alignment and inspiration.
. A new high-strength, lightweight T9S titanium face is thinner and hotter to optimize face deflection for faster ball speeds and longer drives. Another source of power is the TFC 419D high-balance-point shaft. The CG is closer to the grip end, allowing for a heavier head, which increases the MOI and contributes to the extremely low CG. The result is more energy, momentum and inertia for greater distance with accuracy.
The adjustable hosel has the same mass and outer diameter as Ping's fixed hosels, providing the benefits of adjustability with no sacrifice in performance. Trajectory Tuning+ Technology offers five settings, allowing you to optimize your ball flight by increasing or reducing loft by 6/10ths of a degree or one full degree, to maximize distance and control. Settings are standard, +0.6°, +1°, -0.6°, and -1°.
- G30 LS (Low Spin) Tec model is designed for golfers with faster swing speeds who desire a lower spinning head
- Up to 400 rpm less spin than the standard G30 model for improved distance with greater control
- Higher strength/weight ratio allows for a thinner, hotter T9S face for maximum performance
- Crown turbulators improve aerodynamics by reducing drag to increase clubhead speed and distance
- Adjustable hosel technology provides ability to add or reduce up to 1° of loft for fine-tuned trajectory
- Center of Gravity is slightly more forward than a standard G30 model to promote a lower launch angle and spin rate
- Variable face thickness features thin sweet spot and progressively thicker outer edges for playability
- Thin crown walls stabilize sound and weight to maximize perimeter weighting and COG position
- Body constructed of Ti 8-1-1, Face constructed of T9S titanium for added performance and style
- TFC 419D Graphite Shaft features higher balance point for increased Moment of Inertia