Bertha is Back! For 2014 Callaway is bringing back one of its most popular drivers of all time, and its not just for nostalgia’s sake. The new model of the Big Bertha combines all of Callaways innovative breakthroughs over the past few years, making this one of the best drivers the market has ever seen. The Big Bertha features the Advanced Adjustable Hosel, allowing you to change the loft and face angle of the driver. Batten down the hatches and prepare for the longest, most forgiving driver Callaway has ever made!
The Big Bertha Alpha features a never before seen Adjustable Gravity Core, which allows you to adjust the ball spin independently of the launch angle. This gives you the ability to fully optimize ball flight and deliver more distance.
• Adjustable Perimeter Weighting: There's a new continuous Adjustable Perimeter Weighting slide toward the rear of the club. That’s why Big Bertha has 20% higher MOI for more forgiveness a wider range of Draw and Fade bias options. As you might expect, it all amounts to longer, straighter shots. And those are good things.
• New Advanced Adjustable Hosel Technology: Increase or decrease your loft (up to +2° or down -1°) and adjust Draw or Neutral bias, optimizing your launch, backspin and dialing in your preferred shot shape. In a few clicks, you’ll be fit for maximizing your distance with more accuracy.
• Forged Composite: A high strength, lightweight crown that improbably weighs only 8 grams. And by saving weight in the crown we get: Adjustable Perimeter Weighting, a deeper CG for more forgiveness, and low spin with a lighter, more preferred swing weight. And because you get all of that, it's pretty clear that when you add more adjustability to a driver, you’ve got to have Forged Composite.
• New Hyper Speed Face: Why is our new Hyper Speed Face design so groundbreaking? Well, it’s lighter, hotter, and more robust than ever before, increasing ball speeds all across the face. You probably hit it dead center every time, but even if you don’t, our longest Total Performance Driver ever has you covered. That’s why there’s long, and then there’s “Bertha Long!”
• Hyper Speed Face Cup: Faster ball speeds all across the face from a thinner, lighter, more robust 455 carpenter steel face, giving you more consistent distance and playability.
• Premium Mitsubishi Fubuki High Performance Shaft: A new lightweight, premium shaft offering from Mitsubishi, makers of some of the most trusted shafts on Tour. This new design increases energy transfer, resulting in more ball speed while delivering higher launch for low spin, with a smooth, consistent feel.